Our teachers know their students and work with them to help them realise their potential as learners. Our focus on authentic learning and authentic assessment ensures that we challenge our students to grow in their learning and achieve their personal best.
Throughout our community of Sydney Catholic schools, we have shown high performance of our students in measures such as NAPLAN and the HSC.
Marcellin College Randwick is a comprehensive school and does not exclude students on the basis of academic ability. We aim to provide a learning and teaching program that fosters lifelong learning, developing the skills necessary for all members in our community to connect and interact with the real world.
We are committed to a comprehensive 21st century learning environment which reflects the individual interests and needs of our students. The curriculum is regularly monitored and enhanced to provide the best opportunity for each young man to reach his potential.
The college offers a rich and personalised curriculum across two distinct pathways: An ATAR pattern of study and a HSC Plus.
- Diverse HSC curriculum for students wishing to transition into University
- A vocational pathway designed to prepare students for transition in the workforce
- Industry and technical college partnerships to provide learning and career support for post school opportunities and placements
- Work placement opportunities across a number of industries
- A targeted literacy program providing students with targeted support to improve their HSC results
- An international immersion program.
HSC Result Tracking: 2006-2019
Marcellin College has a long history of academic excellence and a proud history of performance in the Higher School School Certificate.
|Band 6 and E4||66||108||104||109||135||105||65||82||101||76||87||95||96||75|
|Total Band 5 & 6||240||332||276||362||404||371||337||377||385||348||412||384||446||307|
|Above State average||18||21||19||25||25||23||18||20||26||23||26||24||28||23|
|Below State average||9||6||9||4||3||3||8||7||1||5||3||5||2||6|
2019 In Brief:
- 28/30 subjects were above stage average. 93.33 % of subjects
- 23/30 subjects achieved 5% or more above the state average. (76.7% were over 5% above the state average)
- 58 students were named on the HSC Honour Roll (Distinguished Achievers), which includes students who achieved Band 6 in one or more subjects
- Two students received all rounders awards
- 5 students finished 1st in their course across the Archdiocese of Sydney.